any undertaking that is easy to do;
any informal meal eaten outside or on an excursion;
a day devoted to an outdoor social gathering;
eat alfresco，in the open air;
picnic party 野餐会;
picnic lunch 野餐;
picnic baskets 旅行篮;
picnic stove 野餐方便炉;
picnic blanket 野餐毯，野餐垫，野餐毯子;
1. He took the paraffin stove on a picnic and the ruddy thing wouldn't work.
2. Yesterday we were going to have a picnic, but it rained.
3. I wish I could have gone with you on the picnic, we would have had a good time.
4. We'll not go on a picnic because of the wet ground.
5. If I had come yesterday, I would have gone for the picnic with you.
6. For instance, you are planning a picnic with your family. You're excited.
7. It was such fine weather that we had a picnic together.
8. We hope it will have stopped raining before we set off for the picnic.
9. We can go for a picnic or go swimming at the weekend. It's up to you.